Whew! This week has felt heavy. I thought I had numerous options with this image but as I started working on it over the weeks I was more and more challenged. It is a busy image, which makes cropping challenging.
It did lend itself to many possibilities in the FotoSketcher realm but I felt like I wanted to add my own touch to that option and I ran out of creative ideas I guess. I really wanted this week to layer together the black and white version from last week with this FotoSketcher product of the emergence effect.
I love this version of my image, the harsh angular brushstrokes really draw me in.
My vision wasn’t meant to be. I didn’t have time to learn GIMP, so I tried a different freeware that ended up slogging up my computer with adware that I wasn’t expecting. So, I never even got to attempt the layering.
Instead I went back to lightroom and week 2’s version. I just started playing and seeing what I liked and came up with this version for this week. There was no inspiration for why I chose what I did. It was just about what I liked in the moment. (best to look at this from bottom to top or click on directly for best viewing results)
- Flipped the image horizontally, like I did last week
- Cropped the image tighter than last week, I like the tighter crop for some reason
- Sorted out the settings so that I liked them including adding an “aged photo” preset.
- Adjusted the individual color settings, bringing out the yellows and greens.
- Used the Adjustment brush tool on the river water, I wanted the water color more pronounced, so I added some contrast, lowered the exposure and added some color temperature too.
There is still a slight painted feel to this image, I like the earthy tones in it. I am looking forward to hearing your feedback. I really appreciated everyone’s input on last week’s new crop and your thoughts on the color vs. black and white. Thank you.
You can find other participants final week’s images on Robyn’s post for this week HERE, just look in the comments. Or you can search your tags with, “One Four Challenge” and you will see everyone’s posts.
If you would be so kind and vote on your favorite image from this past month. I would really appreciate it. I will let you know the results when I start a new image next month.