Last Friday I was pleasantly surprised to find a comment in my “about” page from litadoolan offering me a blogger award “The Beautiful Blogger Award” and many kind sentiments towards this new blog of mine.
Lita is a beautiful writer and so kind in her comments. She really takes time to read, to think over the words she has read and then respond. I really appreciate her continual support of my words and photographs. She is a play-write at heart and beautifully weaves dialogue through her words seamlessly. Please go and see for yourselves, she is a gem of a writer.
To accept this award I must offer it to seven blogs. Here it is:
And here are my seven recipients I am passing this award to:
1. Gin Getz– Give yourself the gift and click on this link. Gin’s blog is thoughtful, inspiring, raw, humble and gorgeous. Her book is just as thought-provoking and lovely as her blog posts. She holds nothing back, she writes, she is.
2. Laura Macky– A very talented photographer who is friendly and accessible. Laura looks at her surroundings in an artistic way. Her photographs are really deep and gorgeous. She pushes her images to an artistic level too, which is fascinating to see how she interprets her images.
3. The Weekly Minute– I have decided that what I appreciate and marvel at with this blog is that Shane, the author/photographer, can see the good in those he passes on the streets everyday. His street photography is really incredible, he is able to capture folks in an exact moment of their day, without them knowing he is there. His architectural images are meaningful too, he provides history about what he is photographing and there is just an underlying care that he gives to his subjects, be it humans or buildings that I really appreciate.
4. Aunt Beulah– I miss my grandmother, she passed away almost 20 years ago. She told stories a lot about her sisters, growing up in North Dakota and she would read to me a lot as a girl too. For some reason, her voice is the voice I hear, when I read the posts from Janet. Janet’s Aunt was Aunt Beulah. I really appreciate the incredible storytelling qualities in Janet’s words. She writes with a witty sense of humor and warm heart, my kind of woman.
5. meticulousmick– Want to take an adventure? Check out Meticulous Mick (MM as he calls himself), His photographs are beyond stunning. He captures the big picture, huge landscapes beautifully and can also bring it down to the tiniest details, pulling you in with his photographic eye. He is also accessible, which is so cool for such a talented guy.
6. FATman Photos– Adrian is such a talent. His images make me rethink how I would take a photograph. He thinks about different angles that wouldn’t immediately come to me, close-ups when I would have zoomed out and he edits his images beautifully. He is remarkably easy to talk to and full of knowledge. I really enjoy his blog.
7. Writing for Myself– Miriam has a beautiful soul who is a gifted writer. She expresses herself in such a way, it is like she is looking inside my brain and making herself at home. She lives her life wholeheartedly, I really respect that.
So, go, explore, enjoy, learn and appreciate some hopefully new to you, blogging talent. I look forward to each of these bloggers posts every time I see them in my Reader.
Have a beautiful day!