Historic West Fork Ranger Station. Build in 1900 by Ranger Louie Newcomb. This was the very first Forest Service ranger station in the San Gabriel Mountains and only the second build in the entire United States. It cost the Forest Service $75.00 to build.
It was originally located elsewhere, it now resides (restored and moved in 1980) behind the Chilao Visitor Center in the Angeles National Forest.
**Interested in more Monuments? Click HERE for more entries from those participating in the Weekly Photo Challenge.